In this video I show you how to set up sidechain compression in Logic Pro X.
You can achieve this affect using any compressor that has a side chain input.
1. Choose the sound that will trigger the compressor (kick)
2. Insert a compressor on the sound (pad) you want to effect
3. On the compressor choose the kick from the dropbox menu
4. Drop the threshold on the compressor until you start to hear the pumping effect.
5. Use the “attack” and “release” to manipulate how aggressive or subtle you want the pumping effect